Monday, September 8, 2008

j.mendicino


j.mendicino is a bay area based ceramicist that creates beautiful and original hand made pieces for the home. She makes all types of modern home accessories from vases and bowls to sushi plates and adorable statues. Although I would describe her work as modern and clean, there is a warm, and comfortable quality to it that makes it very relatable. You can purchase her beautiful work at her online store here. You can see Skinny Birds above, here

I have admired j.mendicino's work for a long time and my favorite item continues to be the speckled egg nesting bowls. I love the natural quality to them as well as the juxtaposing finishes between the glossy, sleek interior and rough, textured exteriors. 

How cute is this deer sushi plate! I love the simple design and clean, ceramic surface. 

No comments: