Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Marimekko Part I: Clothing




I have been a huge fan of Finnish textile house Marimekko for a very long time. Their patterns and styles are so inspirational and always have a way of creating the perfect visual impact in an interior. It is for their fantastic fabrics and prints that they are most known for and in my world I relate to the company in terms of home decor- their Kaiku shower curtain hangs in our guest bath and the Joonas printed DWR bed in our office. However, Marimekko is also well known in terms of clothing design- utilizing their whimsical and brightly colored graphics to create jaw dropping clothing designs and it is to this facet that this post will be dedicated, Part II will focus on Marimekko for the home. Click here for the amazing wool and silk blend Maya dress featured above. 

Check out Mika Piiranin's Autumn/Winter collection for Marimekko. The designs are a tribute to Marimekko's legendary print designer Maija Isol who created so may amazing designs. I love this adorable cotton Nitza dress it looks great with tights for fall and winter, throw on a coat and your ready to go! 

My adsolute favorite design of all the pieces is this Karin dress by designer Samu-Jussi Koski. Inspired by a natural, organic yet modern girl this dress looks both comfortable and stylish- my favorite combination! 

Loving this olive colored Cuore coat by Rivita Falla for Marimekko. I love the detail and the proportion and the color is absolutely perfect! 

No comments: