Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Beehive Co-Op




Check out Bee Hive Co-Op for a great selection of uniquely talented designers with a diverse product grouping. You can shop Bee Hive Co-Op online, as well as their currently operating franchises. Bee Hive Co-Op not only supports independent designers, but they also have a unique structure in terms of their stores- they are trying to create a network of independently owned franchises so that each brick and mortar shop carries a different selection of wares by independent designers in that area. 
I think this is a great idea, when I had my own shop, customers were acutely aware when I brought in products made by local artisans, they loved to support the local design community and could do that by putting their dollars into the pockets of local talent. Click here for the Adelaide Vase featured above.

I love this beautiful, one of a kind ceramic dish. Featuring a simply designed black and white bird- this dish reminds me of a drawing drawn on a blackboard....

Amazing, Meyer Lemon Bowl, by Atlanta based ceramicist Cara Gilbert. The color is perfect and I love the juxtaposition of the raised textured dots on the outside of the bowl next to the glossy yellowy-green on the interior of the bowl!  

So cute! Simply made and adorable, I love these little notecards that remind us to Love Life! 

No comments: