Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Room Service



I am quite fond of the mid century modern furniture style. There is a sense to the style that screams fun, entertaining and not taking life so seriously and that is definitely a feeling that I strive to convey in my own home decor. One of my favorite LA haunts is Room Service. Room Service is unlike other run of the mill furniture stores, because not only are they a retail store front, but they also have their own production facility and line of reproduction products. Many of the pieces available at Room Service are brand new, quality pieces with the cache and look of vintage pieces- its really the best of both worlds, quality and beauty! Shop online or visit one of their store locations either @ 5901 West 3rd Street in LA or @ 625 North Palm Canyon Drive in Palm Springs. Click here for the sofa above, one I would own if I was a single woman! 



The color combination on this credenza is exquisite! I love the avocado green lacquer with the walnut wood. So fresh and bright! 


This headboard is definitely an option for the new bedroom. I have always been inspired by mixing ethnic design ideas like moroccan with a modern twist. This headboard is the perfect example with the undulating lines accented with the bright fabric and oversize nailhead. A top contender for my bed search! 


We just got rid of our glass and wood dining table in prep for our move. Mainly because I have a vision of an oversized natural wood dining table mixed with contemporary dining chairs- think Harry Bertoia and louis ghost chairs.... This Acacia eco choice might just be right...

No comments: