Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Road Trip...











After a 5 day trip from NJ to CA, we have happily arrived and are getting settled into our new home. Our road trip was so much fun- just us and the two dogs. We did have a slight mishap, when the cars fuel pump went right outside of Albuquerque, NM- the funniest (and I will admit, I was a little nervous at first) part of the trip was seeing the dogs in the back of the car hoisted onto the flat bed of the tow truck as we were in the cab on the way to the dealer. They were a little afraid at first, but as soon as the truck got moving they were right back to sitting in the back and enjoying the ride! We took so many pictures and saw just about every climate and landscape in the US. Some of my favorite pictures are above including an old stop on Route 66, Tucumcari, NM filled with vintage motels and restaurants and old signs from the 1950's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh...what State are you settling in??? I've always lived in Ca, but once took my boys on a 10-day trek through the Southwest - it was so great and your pictures remind me of the trip I took! Classic.